We are looking for Senior Accountants. In this role you will be responsible for day to day accounting, good excel knowledge, bookkeeping activities, reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures.
- Relevant certification (e.g. CA/CMA/CPA) will be preferred
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or a business-related field of study
- 5+ years of relevant accounting and tax working experience in a CPA firm, a professional services firm or large corporate accounting department OR proven experience as a Financial Controller, Accounting Supervisor, chief or senior accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Tax planning, compliance, analysis and research experience.
- Provide accounting outsourcing functions (G/L, A/P, A/R, QuickBooks) and accounting assistance and oversight (compilations, write-ups) to clients that include individuals and closely held businesses in various industries
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with clients and client personnel
- Strive to obtain an understanding of each assigned clients’ business operations, processes, and functions
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Capable of effective managing a team of tax professionals and delegating work assignments, as needed.
- Advanced understanding of the technical and practical issues and opportunities regarding one or more areas of taxation and law.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of general calculations and cause / effect for taxable conditions on clients and the potential tax issues
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Solid working knowledge of business sales tax and payroll taxes
- Demonstrated success working in a paperless environment
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment.
- Computer Savvy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (especially Excel), QuickBooks, ProSystem FX, Engagement and other accounting-related software packages, preferred
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to travel to client locations as needed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Leadership qualities, can motivate people
- Willingness to learn new things and in depth Understanding
- Highly flexible and adaptable performer
- Ability to learn new technologies and techniques